4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pro-life or Pro-choice?, The old age question of abortion and contraception
enz0_rex
post Nov 16 2008, 08:10 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 28336

"so what about rape victims that got pregnant? Well, i agree with what bryanne had said aborting the baby will not take away the pain of the event. Aborting the baby will not affect those who raped you? you'll just add up to the load that you already have. you will be mad at the people who raped you and eventually you'll be mad at yourself for killing an innocent life. rapists are low life scum bags that our society was not able to avoid to have so why should the victim go down to that level just to save herself from the pain of seeing the so called "fruit" of the event? rape is an event that the victims doesn't have any control of so one shouldn't be ashamed that she was raped. nobody wants to be raped. kaya nga rape is a crime. So if a victim wants to get back to those people what she should do is to step up and say that she was raped. fight to get justice for what happened. don't take it out on the child na walang kasalanan."

I think that the act of aborting a baby that is a product of rape is not a way to "get back" at the rapist.. that's not how the victim would think... It is terminating a constant reminder of the events that occurred.. ..of course the victim will always have a memory of the event but of course they don't want to always be reminded that they'll be caring for a product of the traumatic event...

and of course it is easy to say that "rape is an event that the victims doesn't have any control of so one shouldn't be ashamed that she was raped." but do consider that rape victims will be ashamed of the fact that they were raped.. it's not just the type of thing that someone would take lightly... so.. why should we prevent this person if: 1. they are certain that they can deal with the consequences... do note that not all people who will have a post rape abortion will feel the mental burden of having to kill a child... and 2. that the fetus is younger than 6 months or so... (i'll have to admit that having an abortion when the baby is already developed should be considered murder..)

of course you could say that abortion is not the way... that if they'll deal with such traumatic incidents, the parent could always choose to just have the child adopted or something but the problem is that: that is not really popular in our country.. usually the parents still end up taking care of these children.. so that solution may not be that good..

and again referring to you saying that it was an event that was out of the hands of the victim.. the baby (something that is not desired by the victim) will be occupying "personal space" for nine months.. and at some point.. (before full development).. the mother should have a right to decide what to do...

so.. I believe that there are actual cases where abortion is actually permissible.. ..I don't think that the government should be supportive of it.. but I think that the option should exist legally under certain circumstances... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'm not strictly pro life or pro choice.. but I believe in an existence of options that are available on a case to case basis..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jagged
post Jan 3 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #62

Group: Members
Member No.: 12185

Can't say I'm 100% either but definitely, the government needs to implement proper sex education to the people based on UN standards if this country is to have any chance for a decent future.

The problem with the Catholic Church is they are making this issue a black or white thing when it obviously isn't.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2017 - 10:13 AM