IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

23 Pages V  « < 21 22 23  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Foodie Thread, Eating, cooking, baking, books...
patmontes
post Oct 1 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #441

Group: Members
Member No.: 21857

i agree!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
joescoundrel
post Mar 11 2011, 01:16 PM
Post #442

Group: Members
Member No.: 2197

I sometimes wonder how the younger generation misses the culinary delights of previous generations. It might have something to do with the outward migration to what used to be "outside" greater Metro Manila, i.e. Laguna, Cavite, Bulacan, Rizal. It simple isn't that convenient anymore to come into the heartland of Metro Manila. I guess this is why younger folks now don't know Panciteria Manosa (the original one along Ongpin Street in Binondo, not the sterile versions in Makati and New Manila). Come to think of it they don't know a lot of the classic eating places in downtown Manila like New Toho (T Pinpin also in Binondo), Sun Wah (in Sta Cruz right at the corner of Recto), Ramon Lee (in Ronquillo at the Sta Cruz - Binondo border near Quiapo).

This is tragic since young people nowadays spend quite a bit on joints like Super Bowl, Mann Hann and North Park. If they only knew that everything these chains make the old restaurants also make, and much better at that, they'd be better for it. I'd take the fried rice, sweet and sour pork, beef with young corn, nido soup, fried chicken, camaron rellenado, torta cangreja, pancit chami of Manosa and company over the versions of Super Bowl et al any day. Not only do the old school restuarants make them tastier and more authentic, their prices are 20-30% cheaper and their portions 20-30% more massive.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

23 Pages V  « < 21 22 23
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 03:19 AM