Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> +RIP, Fr. Jose Moises Fermin, S.J., called home to the Lord
post Jan 5 2009, 10:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10326

it pains me to have to announce the passing away and going home to the Lord of FR. JOSE MOISES FERMIN, S.J., an hour or so ago. joey was, until early last year, headmaster of the ateneo grade school.

as a student in the ateneo grade school and high school, joey had this sort of quiet charisma about him. he didn't announce his presence unlike the more boisterous boys but you knew he was there, and always with a smile. as our student-scoutmaster in high school, he used this quiet charisma effectively to reach out to us noisy students and keep us in our place, all the while keeping that smile of his. when i went to UP in college, it was a pleasant surprise to find him there, taking up mechanical engineering. i always had this funny dichotomy in my mind -- that now makes absolutely no sense -- that the quiet ateneans stayed in the ateneo while the louder, more aggressive ones went to UP. he involved himself in guiding the catholic catechetical group ICTUS (in-christ thrust for university students), with dennis arroyo, through its infancy.

i saw him for the first time in a long time during the orientation at the henry lee irwin, s.j., theater for new parents when my son entered prep. as usual, he had that smile on his face that never seemed to disappear. i waved at him at his seat up front, and he waved back. maybe he remembered me from before. i wanted to walk on over and get reacquainted but, i figured, "huwag na lang. malayo. maybe later. or some other day." well, later or some other day never came. when he was one of those who officiated at mass at the Gesu in the 2007 homecoming, he looked terribly thin that i didn't recognize him at all. and then, news from friends and classmates here and there that he was sick. but somehow, i guess we all kinda hoped that he would bounce back.

so for those ateneans and even non-ateneans whose lives fr. joey touched one way or another, you may want to see him one last time. i was told his body would be waked at the ateneo grade school chapel, where for sure his fondest memories lay. please pray for the repose of his soul. he gave it one big fight, for sure. we now honor his memory as well.

+requiesciat in pace, fr. joey. +AMDG

This post has been edited by Jeep_ni_Mang_Emong: Jan 5 2009, 10:14 PM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jan 6 2009, 06:43 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1512

Viewing will be on Tuesday at the AGS chapel. Actual burial will be on Friday at the Jesuit Novitiate in Novaliches.

Rest in peace Fr. Joey and my heart felt sympathy to his mother and younger sister, Bansky.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd March 2018 - 09:51 AM