Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LA Tenorio
Welcome to Atenista.Net! > Sports and Athletics > The Bleachers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
BLUEness
Originally posted by patricia69:
Jologs nga si arana... si LA naman.... utak ipis!! Kanto boy pa, bwahhhh..... PIKON TALO!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

wushu...
sinasabi mo lang na pikon talo para may masasabi ka kapag nabara ka na ng mga tao dito.

pikon talo pikon talo pikon talo!!!
biggrin.gif
althea
Originally posted by mangtsito:
No one really noticed bajjie doing anything. But knowing bajjie, hehehe, he must have done something.

i think so...
althea
kikay19: yeah, simmsy must be right. tsaka, knowing LA, di nya ugali yun noh, pero knowing that lasallista guy pwede pa.
tneorxmywrld
QUOTE(patrisha69 @ Sep 27 2003, 08:26 PM)
Sorry wrong guess Mighteee Aluummmnus... hehehe
Gone are Arana- only- for the 4x UAAP CHAMPION DLSU

and LA shiitthead TINURIO and Vangie BADING DEL ROSARIO for ALRT- Katipunan Station, hehehe

ANIMO LA SALLE!!!

Go ateneo ONE BIG FART!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

hmm. i wonder why you even joined this forum when you're not for ateneo anyway. it's not that i'm against lasalistas, i have friends who are for la salle, and even i am a member of the la salle forum, but i don't post such things like what you just posted here. you can post your opinions, but can't you do them in a way wherein no one would get offended? you should consider the feelings of those who are reading this forum. and you know well that probably more than 90% of this forum are ateneans. well, DUH, coz it's an ATENISTA forum. alangan namang mga lasalista ang mga nandito diba.

so why be such a PASAWAY? go back to your archer's pride and say the exact same things you said. at least dun, konti lang ang masasaktan mo.

rolleyes.gif
5FootCarrot
Let's not dig up old chestnuts. And if said old chestnuts come back, we can deal with them.
skylar20
All good things must come to an end. It is the end of LA's five-year stint as our point guard. There is no one quite like him and he will surely be missed.

Thank you LA!
MrGotti
Maraming salamat LA!
centroeagle
LA fought the good fight... in victory and in defeat.. it will always be ANIMO ATENEO! thank you for the memories..

OBF!

i salute you KING EAGLE LA!!!
Goddess_Athena
And so it ends the doning of the Blue and White for LA. It was his last game and even up to the end, he gave it his all. I was compelled to watch basketball games despite the lack of interest because of his amazing moves. Your plays will surely be missed, King Eagle.

For the memories, for the guidance to the younger players, for the talent but most of all, for the fight. Salamat, LA Tenorio. Salamat sa mga triple-double, sa mga step back threes, sa mga no look assists na tila parang imposible, sa mga shots na hinahawi mo ang depensa ng kalaban, sa mga alaala at higit sa lahat, sa ONE BIG FIGHT na lagi mong ipinapakita. Kaya ka namin idol ng kapatid ko eh.

Panonoorin pa rin kita kahit saan kang team mapadpad (kasi sigurado namang magpro-pro ka). We wish you all the luck.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam.
Freeride
Thank you LA!
Buttah Like Parkay
LA = fave blue eagle of all time.

May you continue your greatness in the pros buddy
still_an_eagle
a true king eagle indeed, LA Tenorio
jkad
QUOTE(Buttah Like Parkay @ Sep 25 2005, 07:43 PM)
LA = fave blue eagle of all time.

May you continue your greatness in the pros buddy

I wouldn't go that far--unless you're speaking for yourself smile.gif
easter
Thanks LA for all the great games! wink.gif
bearyblue
LA, thanks for the memories.

hmm.. my first memory of LA was back in Grade 2 (Grade 6 yata siya. we were schoolmates nung elementary).

it was a televised game. the opposing team led by three points with a few seconds remaining. LA shot/hurled the ball from halfcourt and the ball went in as the buzzer went off. ayun, nag-celebrate. tied game dapat e. kaso the game officials said na walang three point shot sa rules for that game so two points lang ung tira. sad.gif

wala lang. just sharing..biggrin.gif
Goddess_Athena
QUOTE(bearyblue @ Sep 25 2005, 09:28 PM)

hmm.. my first memory of LA was back in Grade 2 (Grade 6 yata siya. we were schoolmates nung elementary).

it was a televised game. the opposing team led by three points with a few seconds remaining. LA shot/hurled the ball from halfcourt and the ball went in as the buzzer went off. ayun, nag-celebrate. tied game dapat e. kaso the game officials said na walang three point shot sa rules for that game so two points lang ung tira. sad.gif

Wow, so bata palang siya ganun na siya kagaling. Nakakatira na sa half court. Astig.

PS
Hindi ba dapat lahat ng comments na to nasa fan thread ni LA? Nagtataka lang.
simulation green
QUOTE(Goddess_Athena @ Sep 25 2005, 09:33 PM)
QUOTE(bearyblue @ Sep 25 2005, 09:28 PM)

Wow, so bata palang siya ganun na siya kagaling. Nakakatira na sa half court. Astig.

PS
Hindi ba dapat lahat ng comments na to nasa fan thread ni LA? Nagtataka lang.

kabatch ko si LA sa Don Bosco nung grade school. Yung team na kalaban ng Don Bosco nung time na yun e yung same school ni LA ngayon. Yes, it was Ateneo. Nakakatawa nga kasi kung sino pa yung tinirahan niya noon e dun pa siya maglalaro. I think dahil dun sa shot niyang yun siya nadiscover. I can't remember though kung team mates na sila ni Ira Buyco ng UP nung grade 6 kami.
bearyblue
simulation green.. uy, mini-reunion ng bosconians. hehe.. i remember, naiyak ako nun e. kaya siguro naiiyak din ako ngayon sa mga galaw ni LA.

so, it was against Ateneo..
simulation green
sa don bosco ka rin ba nag hs? ilang bosconians ba ang nasa ateneo ngayon? i mean sa batch mo. sa batch namin e mga 5-6 lang ata ung tumuloy pero 4 na lng sila na nakita ko nung pumupunta kami sa ateneo ng friend ko kasi may nililigawan siya ulit. hehehe!
yungha
what comes to mind is this certain proverb - It is difficult to soar like an eagle if surrounded by turkeys.

so one can't really help but admire how LA played today. he fought hard and never quit even when it became apparent some teammates he was relying on were no-shows. you did your best, kid, not just today but every single game you played the moment you started donning the Blue and White.

it was an honor cheering for you, King Eagle.
bearyblue
sa mods, sorry sa OT posts.. smile.gif

simulation green.. hindi po e. lumipat ako nung HS.

hindi ko alam kung ilan pumunta sa Ateneo. apat lang yung alam ko. two of those four went to AHS after grade school.
simulation green
ah... ganun. hehehe! tama lang yung ginawa mo! parang gatasan na din kasi sa don bosco. pero astig parin maging bosconian. un nga lang di mo alam kung may balak pa silang i-improve yung sports program nila. puros pera na aksi nasa utak. ultimo alumni e hirap pumasok. bwiset talaga.

Di ko alam kung may ibang UAAP players now and before na nangaling sa Don Bosco Makati grade school or high school. as of now, si Ira Buyco of Up and LA Tenorio of Ateneo came from Don Bosco Makati gradeschool. Only Lou Gatumbato, currently playing in the PBL, came out of Don Bosco Makati highschool.

Siguro si Coach Gual Garcia e sobrang proud na siya ung unang nagcoach kay LA Tenorio. LAki na naman siguro ng ulo nun... hehehe peace tayo coach gual!
Buttah Like Parkay
I wouldn't go that far--unless you're speaking for yourself

Yeah, i was.
Blue Ronin
The Blue Eagles would not be here if not for no. 6. He put up with everything, postponing pro, and doing pretty much everything in the court --- from bring down the ball, to scoring, rebounding, assisting and playing D. No wonder Ateneo has been known as the LA Tenorio team. He does it all. I felt sad that you could not play in the last minutes of yesterday's game. But I guess it was some poetic justice. It was enough. You have given everything. Nothing else could be asked for from you. It was time that other guys help prop up the team.

Thanks for the 15 first half points. Thanks for that one last shot at glory. Thanks for being the blue soul, the blue flame that burns bright in the hearts of the Blue Eagles. Thanks for the 5 years.
jvvd
Thank you King Eagle LA

Eyes are dry at the last goodbye...

Through the joys and tears
Through the laughing years...

We salute you King Eagle.
centroeagle
there'll be no other player who can match up La's intensity on and off the court.
there'll ne no other player who can do those spectacular reverse lay-ups,
the impossible no-look assists, every blinding steals, the step-back three point shots, the La tenorio's play and the never say die attitude you showed...

i salute you king eagle LA!! you fought the good fight and you played with sooo much pride and grace for the school.. played with character-a true atenean character!

i'll see you in the pba!! smile.gif

in victory and in defeat-it will always be ANIMO ATENEO!!!

we'll get 'em back next year for you, mags and joy..

OBF!!!
bongkers
was watching the supposed game live (my nephew was part of the admu eaglets team)... the shot was way behind halfcourt. just a bit above the free throw line.

The game was the first game of a Shell - Ginebra finals encounter.

Even before that shot, LA was tearing up ADMU's defenses single-handedly. I remember telling my nephew that ADMU was saved by two SBP rules that day... the more obvious one being that there were no three point shots in the tourney and the second being that LA could only play a maximum of two periods (SBP required a different 5 to play in the first 3 quarters).

He's gone a long way since. I feel that he was a steadying factor for the eagles and has improved every year... More controlled, more of a leader and a true court general. Good luck in the pros.
whistling hyde
No words could express my gratitude to LA, just for being himself in leading the Eagles. I've tried to, but none would do justice. All I know is that everytime I look back at the game yesterday, I wasn't saddened because we lost, many of our players played cowardly and it's the third straight "humiliating" defeat against the Archers. I was saddened because someone who have hoped and worked hard for a dream had played his last.

LA, you deserve more than this. But still, thank you. For everything.
Eagle_Eyes
thank you LA.

thank you for the fighting heart and spirit that you showed throughout your career with the blue eagles.

thank you for staying with us for one more year.

thank you for your passion and humility.

thank you for giving it your best every game.

and most of all, thank you for being loyal to the school and its ideals.

GO LA. ONE BIG THANKS!
Blue Ronin
QUOTE(claire.co @ Oct 7 2002, 03:38 AM)
anything about this guy?

Hehehe. The first post. No one asks the question nowadays. Greatness has known no question.
itsme
I'm too overwhelmed... I guess I just don't know where to start but anyway... Thanks LA. Good luck in whatever you decide to do after college. wink.gif
john_paul_manahan
thanks.... we will treasure what you have given us. salamat la.

thanks...

makes me proud to be blue and white!

one big fight!

good luck sa pros...
bluewing
we will never tire of telling and re-telling, or hearing and re-hearing of tales that have become legend about a young man who wore jersey number six...

THANKS FOR THE 5 WONDERFUL YEARS. it was an honor and a privilege to have cheered for you and the boys.

in all endeavors, ONE BIG FIGHT.
pyro boy
QUOTE(bongkers @ Sep 26 2005, 02:38 PM)
I remember telling my nephew that ADMU was saved by two SBP rules that day... the more obvious one being that there were no three point shots in the tourney and the second being that LA could only play a maximum of two periods (SBP required a different 5 to play in the first 3 quarters).

Yup. I remember watching this game on TV. It was indeed an SBP game between Ateneo - San Beda. I think it was around 1995-1996 when this happened. The Eaglets were up by three with a few seconds left in the game then LA got the inbound from the backcourt, ran through the defense and banked in a shot from halfcourt.

Buti na lang talaga walang tres sa SBP that time. Hehe.

But I do remember him being taller than most of the players back then. wink.gif
bluemar
If I were a eagle players at present, or a would be new player for the blue eagle in the next uaap season, or in whatever situation --- i don't think i would like to use # 6 for the obvious reason that # 6 of ateneo jersey connotes GREATNESS THAT BEFITS A LEGEND AT THIS STAGE - and as of today, we simply cannot find someone as VERSATILE AS LA TENORIO - he is simply ONE OF A KIND, even the sportscasters call him CLASSIC LA TENORIO.... my humble opinion lang .... retire LA's jersey? this early??? laugh.gif joke only

buti nalang his younger brother is still in grade school kasi baka malaki masyadong pressure on Lambert to play the way his older brother does .... hirap yun kasi ... iba-iba naman ang tao kahit magkapatid
5FootCarrot
Just a side note on the number-retiring thing - Blue Eagles fans love their players to pieces, and if we retired a jersey number because we thought the guy wearing it was a great player and a good person, I think our players would probably be playing with 3-digit jersey numbers by now! laugh.gif

Back now to your regularly-scheduled topic.
Cubao Fleahouse
i think ateneo retired just two numbers: 69 and 88. if you'd notice, walang player na nagsusuot nyan in honor of the timeless exploits of those two unnamed blue eagles who wore those numbers. the rest of the league followed suit and in turn retired that magnificent pair as well.
jake and jackie
biggrin.gif thank you for playing in the admu, and for coming to my salo-salo last feast of the guardian angels in grade one guijo !!!! rolleyes.gif huh.gif ph34r.gif rolleyes.gif tongue.gif
joescoundrel
QUOTE(Cubao Fleahouse @ Oct 9 2005, 12:40 AM)
i think ateneo retired just two numbers: 69 and 88. if you'd notice, walang player na nagsusuot nyan in honor of the timeless exploits of those two unnamed blue eagles who wore those numbers. the rest of the league followed suit and in turn retired that magnificent pair as well.

Numbers ba ito nila Rigor at De Leon?
freak
Question: what is LA up to these days? i havent heard/seen him in the ongoing PBL games.
highjumper
QUOTE(pyro boy @ Oct 6 2005, 06:07 PM) *
QUOTE(bongkers @ Sep 26 2005, 02:38 PM)
I remember telling my nephew that ADMU was saved by two SBP rules that day... the more obvious one being that there were no three point shots in the tourney and the second being that LA could only play a maximum of two periods (SBP required a different 5 to play in the first 3 quarters).

Yup. I remember watching this game on TV. It was indeed an SBP game between Ateneo - San Beda. I think it was around 1995-1996 when this happened. The Eaglets were up by three with a few seconds left in the game then LA got the inbound from the backcourt, ran through the defense and banked in a shot from halfcourt.

Buti na lang talaga walang tres sa SBP that time. Hehe.

But I do remember him being taller than most of the players back then. wink.gif

it was actually an ateneo-don bosco ateneo game. like a lot of the san beda high school players, he was actually recruited by badolato to play for the cubs.
centroeagle
Question: what is LA up to these days? i havent heard/seen him in the ongoing PBL games.

he's practicing with smb and rp team.

he was asked by mico during his gueting sa halikinu why he didn'y play for pbl diba?
he said it was his personal choice.
freak
he's practicing with smb and rp team.

he was asked by mico during his gueting sa halikinu why he didn'y play for pbl diba?
he said it was his personal choice.

seems like SMB is has plans for our speedy guard... hmmm... rolleyes.gif
paano na red bull reunion? hehe biggrin.gif
turbine
actually, LA might be in for a good deal if he were to join SMB since he would be understudying under olsen racela, a former eagle himself. this would be similar to how 2 former FEU tamaraws are working together with Abarrientos and Miranda. also, olsen is getting older and with the other guards in the SMB roster, might be in for a good shot for olsen back-up for the next year or so assuming they get him.

as or red bull, the team is filled and using 3 PGs already, so it's unlikely that LA will go there in spite of the dream blue eagles reunion.
centroeagle
LA Tenorio will play for harbour centre again..
freak
QUOTE(centroeagle @ Dec 10 2005, 06:56 PM) *
LA Tenorio will play for harbour centre again..

saw the game of Harbour against Far Eastern Insurance.. LA played like he never left the PBL.. astig talaga!
5FootCarrot
According to the stats in the newspapers, LA actually topscored for HC in that game with about 19 points. His favorite teammate, Joseph Yeo, scored 15.
centroeagle
bakaw din pala sa bola si yeo. La was asking for the ball kasi he was free sa 3pt area then yeo didn't give the ball to LA, instead he drove hard to the basket.. (alam ko sablay yung tira nya)

pero infairness, okay naman yata sila.. the three of them are talking (yeo,gaco,LA).. during time-outs and pag uupo na sila sa bench, lagi pa ngang napapagitnaan nina gaco at yeo si LA.hehe

what i will not forget on that game.

LA missed the freethrow and yeo approached him...
LA made a shot and yeo went to LA and nag high-five sila.. haha

buhay basketball nga naman.

after cardona, si yeo naman.. lol
who will be LA's next back-court partner?
turbine
even though i wasn't able to watch the game, it's good to hear that there is still some professionalism even in the PBL. in the light of all that's happned, this actually is even a good sight to see LA being able to work with Yeo inside the court.

once you're teammates, your primary concern after all is to get the win for the team. outside the court may be a completely different deal, as i am guessing that it is.. hopefully, this professionalism emerges in other players as well.
TonyBoy
all i can say is STEP-BACK-3!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.